- This website (www.medicmall.com.au), the products or services sold on, or via, this website (the Medic Mall Platform) are created, operated and controlled by Healthesoft Capital Ventures Pty Ltd trading as MedicMall (ACN 636 370 593) (Medic Mall, we, us or our).
- We are committed to ensuring your personal information is protected. We manage your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
The information we collect about you
- We will only collect and hold Personal Information about you that is reasonably necessary to undertake our business activities and functions, deliver products and services to you and to make the MedicMall Platform available to you, or as otherwise permitted by law.
- The type of Personal Information that we collect and use depends on the type of dealings that you have with us and includes the following:
- individual user contact details (whether acting as a buyer or seller). For example, full name, address, mobile and telephone numbers and email address, an individual’s qualifications, experience or licences and memberships.
- business user details (whether acting as a buyer or seller). For example, company, business or trading name, government identifiers (such as ACN and ABN details), business address, work mobile, office telephone number, work email address, website address and a businesses’ qualifications, experience and licenses;
- information relating to your dealings, or enquiries you have made, with us, including information about the products or services you have ordered, purchased, offered for sale or sold on, or via, the MedicMall Platform;
- account profile information, including username and password;
- transaction information, including payment and billing information;
- information regarding your access and use of the MedicMall Platform, including location information, your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on your website, dates and times of visits to the MedicMall Platform and other usage statistic; and
- other information that you provide to us or that we may collect in the course of our relationship with you (including information provided by or on behalf of applicants for employment).
- We do not collect your Sensitive Information (as defined by the Privacy Act). However, some of our services are automated and we may not recognise that you have accidentally provided us with Sensitive Information. If you have accidentally sent us Sensitive Information, please contact us using the contact details set out in section 12 below.
How we collect Personal Information
- We will collect Personal Information about you in a number of different ways. We may collect Personal Information directly from you or in the course of our dealings with you. For example, when:
- a user accesses and uses the MedicMall Platform (including when a user opens an account or creates or updates their profile on, or, via, the MedicMall Platform);
- a seller publishes, lists or posts goods or services for sale on, or via, the MedicMall Platform or sells goods or services to a buyer on, or via, the MedicMall Platform;
- a buyer orders or purchases goods or services offered for sale on, or via, the MedicMall Platform;
- you contact and correspond with us or make a general enquiry about the MedicMall Platform, or any goods or services sold on, or via, the MedicMall Platform (for example, when you complete online forms or subscribes to our publications, alerts and newsletters, or information you provide to us when you send us an email);
- visit our MedicMall Platform (including via cookies), contact us online or via telephone or email with a query or request, or make a comment on our social media sites;
- provide your Personal Information to third parties (including to our related bodies corporate, business partners and service providers, credit reporting bodies, credit providers, government agencies, public registries, search agencies, regulatory and licensing bodies, parties to whom you refer us (for example, previous employers and referees), recruitment agencies and from publicly available sources of information (for example, online databases and social media)); or
- when otherwise legally authorised or required to do so.
- When we collect Personal Information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you (using a collection notice) at, before, or as soon as practicable after, the time of collection.
How we use your Personal Information
By providing MedicMall with your Personal Information, you consent to us using your Personal information for the purposes outlined herein. We use and disclose your Personal Information for the purposes for which the information is collected, including (but not limited to):
- providing users with access to, and use of, the MedicMall Platform, and to correspond with buyers and sellers who access and use the MedicMall Platform;
- enabling buyers to purchase goods and services from sellers on, or via, the MedicMall Platform;
- enabling sellers to publish, post or list their goods and services for on, or via, the MedicMall Platform;
- delivering products or services to users and assisting with, or responding to, user queries;
- informing users about the MedicMall Platform (including our products or services), the goods or services offered by sellers, offers, promotions or other matters which we believe are of interest to you (such as recruitment or job opportunities);
- share with our Third Party Providers;
- administering, improving and managing our products, services, the MedicMall Platform (including customising the advertising and content on the MedicMall Platform) and our relationship with you;
- charge and bill users to access and use our products, services and the MedicMall Platform;
- verifying your identity;
- for internal record keeping;
- for direct marketing purposes (see section 6 below); and
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- In order to provide or deliver products and services to you and to make the MedicMall Platform available to you, we may disclose your Personal Information to:
collectively third party providers (Third Party Providers).
- our related bodies corporate, business partners, service providers, third party contractors, agents or suppliers, external business advisors or other authorised external service providers who perform functions on our behalf;
- third parties, if we wish to sell any aspect of our business, as part of a merger or acquisition;
- to third party suppliers and providers who provide hosting and marketing services;
- our lawyers, financial advisors, accountants and IT professionals to enable them to perform the services we engage them to do;
- law enforcement bodies or regulatory authorities to assist with their functions; and
- as otherwise required or authorised by law,
- Prior to the disclosure of Personal Information to Third Party Providers, we will take such steps as reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the Third Party Providers treat your Personal Information securely and otherwise complies with the relevant Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the Personal Information.
- We may use and disclose your Personal Information to send you information about the products or services offer for sale on, or via, the MedicMall Platform, as well as other information that may be of interest to you. We may send this information in a variety of ways, such as by mail, email, SMS, telephone, social media or by customising online content and displaying advertising on our Website.
Overseas disclosures of Personal Information
- In the course of providing you with access to, and use of, the MedicMall Platform (including our products or services and/or the products and services of sellers), it may become necessary or desirable to disclose Personal Information to Third Party Providers located overseas. The countries in which these overseas recipients may be located will depend upon the individual circumstances.
- The laws where these overseas recipients may be located provide various levels of protection for Personal Information which are not always equivalent to the level of protection that may be provided for in Australia. Where we transfer your Personal Information overseas we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards.
Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme
In the event of any loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure of your Personal Information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, we will investigate and notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable, in accordance with notifiable data breach scheme contained in Part IIIC of the Privacy Act.
Security of your Personal Information
- We take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the Personal Information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- The transmission of information via the Internet (whether through email or otherwise) is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our online services and any transmission is at your own risk.
- We will destroy or de-identify Personal Information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless we are otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
Accessing and correcting your Personal Information
- We take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure Personal Information we hold is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your Personal Information that is collected and held by us.
- If at any time you would like to access or correct the Personal Information we hold about you, or you would like more information about our approach to privacy, please contact us via the contact details set out in section 12 below. If we refuse your request to access or correct your Personal Information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
We use small text files placed on your computer called ‘cookies’ to collect standard log and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. We use this information to analyse how visitors use our MedicMall Platform and to compile statistical reports on MedicMall Platform activity. You can set your computer to reject cookies, but this may affect your ability to use certain parts of our website.
- email at email@example.com